TRANS: AFTERSCHOOL TALKING ABOUT 2ND JAPANESE ALBUM ON KANFUN INTERVIEW – 140303
Win People’s Attention By Sexy Dance
– First, tell us your impression of “Shh” release event in Sunshine City last January, which was a big success!
E-Young More people than we expected showed up for the event. We realize that they care about AS, which is really a big motivation for us.
– Jungah couldn’t attend because of poor health condition
Jungah Though I promised to come, I got sick and wasn’t able to participate in the end, I’m really sorry for this. Even now it’s still weighing on my mind. Fans sent me various message through SNS, but because I was so sick I couldn’t reply, I’m regretting that.
– And Raina stepped up to fill the hole left by leader’s absence
Raina Yes, Jungah unnie was absent because of poor health, so we had to fill her part somehow. I tried my best to do it.
– You were talking a lot more than usual, was that because you felt responsible?
Raina (shy laugh) Yes.
– Then, please tell us about your second album ‘Dress to kill’. What kind of album would it be?
Jooyeon First we have ‘Ms. Independent’, a tie up song with Maruko CM which I appeared in. There won’t be ballads in this album, but it’s still filled with fun songs and dance music anyone can enjoy, I think. Of course “Heaven” and “Shh” are also featured in this album.
– This album will be relased on Jooyeon’s birthday, right?
Jooyeon I feel like it’s something special (laugh) I usually just have a birthday party with other members… This year we still don’t know our schedule yet, but I want to meet and have a party with all our fans.
– What’s the meaning behind title ‘Dress to kill’?
Nana It means to dress up to gain attention from the opposite gender.
– Like ‘a girl’s best clothes’?
Nana Yeah. This time we challanged ourselves with dance songs from various genres. “Dress to kill” also originally means that sexy and powerful AS is determined to catch our fans’ sight with various dance songs.
Presenting Stylish Feminine
– Tell us the point of the CD jacket
E-Young We sported manly clothes on “Shh”, but this time we’re showing a feminine yet neutral and stylish appearance with different patterned one piece (dresses) and skirts.
Jungah The jacket design looks classic, right?
– Then please tell us your favourite or recommended tracks!
Jooyeon It’s definitely MARUKO CM’s theme song, “Ms. Independent”, for me. You’ll understand if you listen, the lyrics talk about a confident woman. It’s tied up with my first CM in Japan, so this song feels special and is full of memories for me.
Jungah I love “Dress to kill”. The lyrics “Dress to kill~” are sung in a whisper. While recording this song, I tried to whisper sexily. We recorded several versions of it, it’s a bit embarrassing (laugh)
E-Young It’s “Dress to kill” for me too. I got praised as the best when recording this song. It’s because I was in very good mood (laugh)
– In which part did you get praised?
E-Young There are several parts, but especially my whisper voice (shy laugh)
Raina “Yes No Yes”. In the beginning of the song there’s a whisper in English, it sounds really fresh. I also love the melody at the climax of this song, it’s pleasant.
Nana It’s “Lady Luck” (laugh hard when realized she mistook the song title with their 4th single) Ah I was wrong, I mean “Lucky Girl”(bonus track of mu-mo special edition. It’s the cutest out of all songs in the album. The lyrics are lovely, you’ll be so happy listening this song.
– As a bonus for normal edition you recorded a Japanese version of Flashback which was a hit back then in Korea
Raina We were able to finish recording easily because we’re already familiar with the melody. Both the Korean and Japanese lyrics also have a similar feel.
Jungah There’s many people said while listening to Flashback, from the beginning to the end it’s a good song *I’m not sure about this part sorry* But I guess timing we chose to release that song (back in Korea) was a little not right.
Everything Will Suit Us Because We Are Beautiful
– In relation to the album title “Dress to kill”, please tell us what is the best clothes for each of you?
Raina Short pants. Because my legs are beautiful.
Jungah You’re really confident.
Raina Only my legs are beautiful (shy laugh)
Jooyeon (laugh) I think whatever I’m wearing it will look good on me.
– As expected from ulzzang
Jungah Recently I got to wear a white mini dress on Asia Model Festival Awards. The pictures of me from that event were taken beautifully. It’s a girly white dress.
E-Young Feminine coat fashion for me. Because I think it looks beautiful and suitable for me (shy laugh)
Nana Red long dress, because I want to show my passionate side (laugh)
We Will Have Lots of Events So Please Come
– Nana was selected as #2 “100 Most Beautiful Face on The World” in famous US movie site, TC Candler
Nana It’s unexpected that people from overseas know about me, I’m surprised but I felt honored and happy about this.
– How is ulzzang Jooyeon’s impression on Nana?
Jooyeon (laugh) I used to be an ulzzang, now I want young Nana to succeed me.
Jungah It’s a prize Nana got inherited from Jooyeon (everyone laugh out)
– By the way it’s been announced that OC will have Korean comeback in early March
Raina It’s been a while since our last comeback (a year and four months) so we’re a bit anxious yet also excited, we want to do more activities soon. It will sound OC-ish and hyperly cute, so please anticipate our new song.
– Lastly, please leave messages for Japanese fans
Nana We will have many events for “Dress to kill,” so please be sure to come. Also please listen to OC’s Korean comeback and give us lots of love, OK?
Translation by ASDaze